Health Benefits of Cucumbers
Cucumbers are fruits but are commonly mistaken as vegetables. Usually they are more than 90% water. Cucumbers have alot of health and nutritional benefits:
Cucumber, with peel, raw Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy: 65 kJ (16 kcal)
Carbohydrates: 3.63 g
Sugars: 1.67 g
Dietary fiber: 0.5 g
Fat: 0.11 g
Protein: 0.65 g
Thiamine (Vit. B1): 0.027 mg (2%)
Riboflavin (Vit. B2): 0.033 mg (2%)
Niacin (Vit. B3): 0.098 mg (1%)
Pantothenic acid (B5): 0.259 mg (5%)
Vitamin B6: 0.040 mg (3%)
Folate (Vit. B9): 7 µg (2%)
Vitamin C: 2.8 mg (5%)
Calcium: 16 mg (2%)
Iron: 0.28 mg (2%)
Magnesium: 13 mg (4%)
Phosphorus: 24 mg (3%)
Potassium: 147 mg (3%)
Zinc: 0.20 mg (2%)
1. Raw cucumber can help reduce heat and inflammation of skin.
2. Cucumber is a diuretic and helps in the flow of urine from the body.
3. Fresh Cucumber juice provides relief from acidity, heartburn, acid stomach, gastritis and even ulcers.
4. Placing a cucumber slice over the eyes soothes them and reduces swelling.
5. Cucumber helps in protein digestion as it contains Erepsin i.e, an enzyme which helps in protein digestion.
6. Cucumber juice, when taken daily may help to control cases of eczema, arthritis and gout.
7. Cucumber/cucumber juice has been found to be beneficial for the people suffering from diabetes.
8. Cucumber helps prevent splitting of fingernails as it is rich in minerals.
9. Cucumber paste (crushed/blended cucumber) has a cooling and cleansing property when applied on skin, which makes it good for the skin.
10. Cucumber juice, when added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach is said to promote hair growth.
11. Cucumber juice is said to be good for rheumatic conditions which are caused by excessive uric acid in the body, especially when mixed with carrot juice.
12. Cucumber proved to be beneficial for those suffering from diseases of the teeth and gums, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
13. Cucumber has been found to be beneficial for those suffering from lung, intestine, stomach and chest problems.
14. Cucumber is useful for the problem of high and low blood pressure because it has potassium in it.
15. Cucumber has been found to be beneficial in relation to diseases of the kidney, urinary bladder, liver and pancreas because of its healing properties.
16. Its a great thing to eat when you are dieting as it has negligible amount of calories and it has a great taste too!
Related Posts :
Cute Distressed Jeans Outfit IdeasApril 8th, 2015
77 Gorgeous Makeup Ideas You Can Re-CreateMarch 24th, 2015
How To Match Your Makeup & OutfitMarch 24th, 2015
Fashion and Style Tips That Make You Look Years YoungerMarch 24th, 2015
5 Trendy Ways to Wear TurtlenecksFebruary 20th, 2015