8 Tips To Handle Your Naughty / Wild Child (Age 2 to 7)
Handling your naughty child can sometimes be really tough for parents — especially if it’s your first child. Kids sometimes are extremely reckless and stubborn, and they are not even ready to listen to you. You can’t just simply let your child misbehave like that, so you have to do something.. but what? Yes, the big questions are “What to do when your child misbehaves and doesn’t listen to you?” and “How to handle and ‘tame’ your naughty / wild child?” Well, today we have 8 awesome tips for you that will help you handle your wild / naughty child easily. Check them out and don’t forget to tell us how well they worked for you.
1. Never scream at them. It will instill fear in their minds, which later in life comes out in the form of no confidence, fears, phobias and mental problems.
2. Talk to them. Solve your problems decently by talking to them face to face. Try to make them understand the issue by trying to come down to their mental level. Give them reason and logic. Screaming, yelling and hitting them will only result in grugdes and stubbornness.
3. Talk to them by getting down on your knees, looking in their eyes and face to face. This is because the child feels inferior to you when you are standing and you are looking down to him, as he is obviously quite smaller than you in height.
4. NEVER scare your child of anything. For example, many parents scare their child of ghosts, theifs etc. Like ‘if you do that certain thing _____ will come and take you away or punish you etc. This will not help in anyway as this is not true at all. Suppose if he does that certain thing and nothing that you told him happend, he will get over it and stop believing you. This can also result in psychological problems, fears and phobias.
5. Never lie to your child. For instance, we are not going to shopping (when in reality you are not) or i’ll come back in two hours (when you plan to spend the whole day there) and never ask him to lie, for example, tell someone at door that you are not at home etc. Parents are the only people in the world whom a child trusts blindly and he always looks up to them as ideals and inspiration but when you lie to him and when he will get to know the truth he will never ever trust you. Asking him to lie will make lying a normal thing for him and he will become a guiltless lier and would lie to everyone, even YOU!
6. Maintain your voice while talking to him about his behaviour. Don’t go too soft as this will over-normalize the situation. Don’t sound apologatic as this will give the upper hand to the child. NEVER shout. On the other hand NEVER smile. Talk to him in a stern, firm, serious and moderate voice as if you are talking in an interview or talking to an employee. Talk to him in a respected way, as not to hurt his dignity but make this clear that you are his parent and he HAS to listen to you and HAS to respect you. And you want no nonsense.
7. If the sitaution gets too out of control, try the naughty chair! Naughty chair is a chair or place where there is no entertainment for the child. It’s a corner in a room (in which you spend most of you time) where the child has to sit for 5 minutes whenever he misbehave (Always keep them in the same room in which you are, NEVER send him to another room, NEVER lock them in a room). If the child run before that time, just simply do it again. And if ge gets more reckless increase the time on the naughty chair. Tell him that you will keep on increasing the time until he serves the time he is told and apologizes after that. (Don’t let the time go beyond 10-15 minutes, most of the kids will be tamed under that time.) When he apologizes, forgive him and hug/kiss him.
8. Last but not the least, if you see any change or improvement in the child then encourage him by appreciating him. This will not only boost the child’s confidence but will also give them the feeling of being rewarded. Encourage them for further improvement.
How To Fake Flawless SkinNovember 22nd, 2013
Top 10 Best HighlightersOctober 25th, 2013
Fashion Meets Fitness: Your Guide To Trendy Workout ClothesOctober 22nd, 2013
How to Apply Long Lasting MakeupOctober 15th, 2013