6 Steps To Clean Your Cooking Range
We all love our cooking range as we can cook and bake on it, and then eat yummy things. So keeping it clean and running is very important. Make sure to go through maintainanace and cleaning procedures regularly. So today we have some tips for you that will help you clean your cooking range nicely. Check out the tips given below!
- Prior to undertaking any cleaning operation be sure to disconnect the cooking range from any kind of electric supply.
- DO NOT use steel wool pads, muriatic acid or similer products which might scratch, grind or etch the metal.
- Never use a coarse cloth or abrasive products on oven glass.
1. Take a big bowl filled with water. Then mix a small amount of dish soap in it. Remove the knobs, caps or grates of your cooking range and soak them in soapy water.
2. Wear gloves and soak a scrubbing pad into the soapy water. Scrub your cooking range, stove top, burner caps, oven door and handles thoroughly and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
3. Now wipe it twice with a clean wet pad. Then wipe it dry with clean dry piece of cloth.
4. Scrub the knobs, grates or caps thoroughly with a sponge and rinse with hot water. Dry them with a cloth and put the knobs back.
5. Wipe your oven glass with paper towels for a streak-free shine. You can also use window cleaning spray.
6. For cleaning the oven from inside, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar in 2 cups of water in an oven proof bowl. Heat this water in the oven till steam starts coming out of it and let the steam come out for about 2-3 minutes. The water vapours will make cleaning the stuck grease or other particles easier. Let the oven cool a bit and then carefully remove the bowl and wipe the oven with paper towels. Repeat as necessary.